We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients and hope you feel that we achieve that aim. The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the Primary Health Care Team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation between us.
Our responsibility to you:
- You will be greeted courteously
- You have a right to confidentiality
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law
- You will be seen the same day if your problem is urgent
- You will be seen by your own doctor whenever possible
- You will be informed if there will be a delay of more than 20 minutes for your appointment
- You will be referred to a consultant when your GP thinks it necessary
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation on request in the afternoons or at your next appointment
- Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 72 hours of your request
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly.
Your responsibility to us:
- Please treat all surgery staff with the same respect — we are all just doing our job
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself unless previously arranged with the GP
- Tell us of any change of name, address or telephone number so that our records are accurate
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate
- Home visits should only be requested if you are really too ill to attend surgery
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend
- Please be punctual, but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency
- Please allow sufficient time for your consultant’s letter or the results of any tests to reach us (you will be advised of the usual length of time to wait)
- Use the tear off page attached to your prescription to request your repeat prescription whenever possible and attend for review, when asked, before your next prescription is due
- Do let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibility to you We would of course, be pleased to hear when you feel praise is due as well.
- We have a zero tolerance policy for verbal or physical abuse or drunkenness in the surgery.